We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This policy is divided into three parts:
- Part B provides information about the cookies used on this website; and
- Part C contains information about us (including contact details).
Part A: Your Personal InformationWhat information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
Using your personal information
- about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including: your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and any other kind of information you may enter to help us improve your user experience whilst on our site;
- relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website including: the address(es) of a property or properties you wish to sell;
- you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us including: your name, email address, date of birth, and telephone number;
- you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, blog, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- taken from any of our `question and answer` website pages used to provide a comparison quote, or the quotes themselves.
Personal information submitted to us via this website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or in relevant parts of the website either by us or our carefully selected third party partner companies.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you confirmation of registration to our website, via email or similar technology;
- remind you to perform certain tasks we feel will make your experience of using our website a better one, such as, to tick the box `Suspend contact from Agent for this property` situated in your account;
- inform you by email or similar technology to delete your obsolete property comparisons situated within your account;
- inform you of changes to our terms and conditions, security policy or cookie usage we feel you should know about;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications relating to current or new products and services of our or our carefully-selected third party partner companies which we think may be of interest to you. We may do this by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. If you would not like your data used in this way, please unsubscribe and we will remove you from our contact list. Please send an email to email@example.com;
- monitor statistical data to improve our services or provide third parties with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website;
- conduct our own research;
- provide you with a comparison of online only Estate Agents.
Our comparison website is free. However, the products and services of our our trusted partner companies may not be. After receiving one of our website quotes, you should expect direct contact from whichever Agent provides a quote for your property. It is your responsibility to read carefully all terms and conditions, or policies covering any payments for products or services for any corresponding online only Agent we supply. Disclosures
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, or partner companies, insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your information to third parties.Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology.
You are responsible for keeping your login user name, and password details confidential. We will not ask you for your password except when you log in to our website.Policy amendments
You may request any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of £10 for administration purposes, and;
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
.Third party websites
If you cannot edit or update your own personal information from within your customer account, please let us know so we may be able to correct it for you. email: email@example.com
Part B: CookiesWhat are cookies
Unlike the name suggests, you cannot eat these type of cookies.
Computer cookies are small text files. They are NOT programs sent to spy on you designed for evil purposes. So what do they do and why the fuss?
When you visit a site for the first time, cookies get downloaded to your computer. This will only happen if you agree. If you say no, you can just carry on using this site as normal. So why have them at all then?
Cookies basically take the name of the site, plus your name and computer ID. Some cookies may be more robust and may gather all kinds of data surrounding things like how you use the site. For example, they might track how long you spend on a page. Is that a good thing?
Well actually it is. We are focused on understanding how you use our site and if parts of it are slowing you down unnecessarily. We are not spying on you, but trying to figure out if there is a usage pattern behind any part of the site which could be working better for you that currently isn't. So why do people think cookies are a bad thing?
Generally this is a misunderstanding surrounded by outdated paranoia. Some folk simply don't like you storing any details about who they are and what they are doing. And that's fine. EU law now requires our site to specifically get your permission to store and retrieve data about your habits. Besides, when you create an account you already provide small amounts of detail anyway, such as name and address. Additionally, you can set your Internet browser so that it blocks cookie use. And that's fine too.
We really do work hard on your behalf to design a better experience when making comparisons, and often we get privileged information and deals you could not get on your own. Just be aware if you do block cookies, you could well miss out on all kinds of information designed to help the transition of buying your next home a better one. And who wants that?
Cookies may be either `persistent` cookies or `session` cookies.
A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date or unless deleted by the user before the expiry date.
A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.Our cookies
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
We will send to you the following cookies:
Other cookies providers
- remember_email - We will use this cookie to remember your email address if upon Login, you check the option: Remember me.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.Blocking cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on this website. Each Internet browser has a slightly different way to disable cookies. To block cookies:
- Identify which Internet browser you are using.
A browser is the dialog used to view the internet and there are many types, such as, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
- Identify which version of the browser you are using. For example using Safari:
Click the Safari menu, then About Safari.
A dialog appear containing the version number.
- Open an Internet page and search for your browser type,version number followed by blocking cookies as in this example: Safari 5.1.9 blocking cookies
- Follow the instructions from the links supplied.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Doing this will however limit or reduce the functionality of certain features and most likely have a negative impact on the usability of our site. If you still want to delete cookies you can search the Internet for instruction concerning your browser type. We have used Google Chrome as an example:
- Click the Chrome menu, then Preferences.
The Settings dialog appears in your browser.
- Click the Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page.
- Navigate to the Privacy heading, and click the button Clear browsing data...
The Clear browsing data dialog appears.
- Click the option Delete cookie and other site and plug-in data.
- Click the button Clear browsing data...
Part C: Our DetailsContact us
This website is owned and operated by Insolitus Ltd.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this policy, please contact us by email:firstname.lastname@example.orgData controller
If you would like to contact the data controller responsible for the information collected on this website please contact us by email: is email@example.com Our data protection registration number is A1022344.